Monday, March 12, 2007

To spot a silly thief.


CTRL + C is much dangerous, isn't it?
And CTRL + V for that matter.

Anyway, 'twas a nice and happy day for snoozing, napping, sleeping and general indifference to the corporeal world. Other than the fact that I had drama rehearsals that prevented me from snoozing, napping, sleeping or exhibiting general indifference to the corporeal world, but that's besides the point. The point here is, dun dun dun.

image (c) not me. some jap name goes here.


Not that.

Anyway, what really spoiled the day was the discovery of PLAGIARISM (liek zomg sheitz).

Much thanks to Julian for finding it out for me, I owe you something for that.

But really. I pride originality very, very highly. People who copy and acknowledge, I'm okay with - they can respect work and appreciate it. That's good. People who copy and paste while trying to make it part of their writing, or just copy wholesale with any acknowledgement whatsoever deserve to be hung from heels up whilst having their neck slowly penetrated with a sharp and pointy object. I am not pleased with plagiarists. Especially if the person in question is a person who once held true as trustworthy.

I know who you are and I know what you are doing.

I am not pleased at all.

ANYWAY, I HOPE EVERYBODY SAW THE SNEAKY AND SUBTLE MESSAGE THAT TOTALLY DOES NOT POINT TO THE FACT THAT MY BLOG POSTS AND PARTS OF THEM HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY A CERTAIN MEMBER OF MY SOCIAL CIRCLE THAT I WILL NOT NAME, AS MUCH OF AN UNORIGINAL NITWIT HE IS. =DDDD

YOU DON'T HAVE TO, BUT IF YOU WANT YOU CAN ASK NOT JULIAN OR NOT ME FOR NOT HIS NOT BLOG URL. =DDDD

ANYWAY.

Because my finger on the shift key is tired and I lack the logic to use Caps Lock.

The creative scene here is dying. Dying in a painful, burnout, thrown-to-the-trash type of dying. People used to try to copy the works of famous paintings. They end up hired as replicators by rich fellas. People used to try to copy the lettering and signatures of others. They end up as famous carvers or insert job where minute finger movement is needed. And now people have to resort to copying online, personal, journals to look good. They end up smug and pleased with themselves.

They also end up losing the trust of people who once thought of them as responsible, hard-working friends.

They say that through imitation they are flattering.

I say that that's an utter load of ear wax. Wake up, sunshine! The world's not a happy happy place, you poor naive cretin.

For heaven's sake. You imitate somebody and you violate their personal rights to their work and their effort. You show that you treat their stuff as something to use as your own when the time is suitable. You show that you're willing to take false and unjustified credit for the things others slog out to do. You show that you can't be buggered to put your own brain to the grindstone to let it bleed out your thoughts. You show that you have no thoughts whatsoever. And you show that you don't treasure another person's trust.

Yes, that word I've repeated. Trust. It's all about trust. When you choose to break that sense of personal right by claiming ownership over another person's work - you snap the trust.

This has been a rant. I promise a more light-hearted post in future.

No comments: